Pressure Cookers – What's the big deal any way?
Pressure cooking is very fast (30-80% less cook time), less expensive to use (less energy usage), far less heat generated (great for summer), retains nutrients & flavors! Highlighted below are various benefits.
- Fast – Cooking with pressure cookers takes an average of 1/3 the cooking time of conventional cooking methods.
- Cooler – Great for cooking in the summer! Because pressure cookers contain the heat inside the pan they require less heat and less time to cook, these to factors lead to far less heat being generated than other ways of cooking!
- Ecological – Save 70% of energy normally consumed during cooking. Pressure cookers pay for themselves over time in energy savings alone.
- Healthy – Pressure Cookers redefines the term "fast food." Cook high-fiber, low-fat foods in record time. Preserve vitamins and essential nutrients.
We recommend Kuhn Rikon Pressure Cookers
– Made in Switzerland, heavy gauge stainless steel construction with incorporated aluminum base (Better heat distribution – less sticking & better results), 5 separate safety features, so you know you and your family will be safe using this pressure cooker, & a 10 year warranty!
Electric pressure cookers have started to become popular as they add the convenience of turning themselves off (a timer). I still prefer the stove-top Model of pressure cookers as they are faster to pressure up and are a more durable product. I have purchased a small Induction burner (induction is incredibly fast and energy efficient – probably and article of it's own) which allows me to set a timer and use my stove-top pressure cookers just like you would an electric pressure cooker!
It is starting to get hot outside. Cool down with your favorite flavor of snow-cone. We stock an assortment of popular flavors:
- Tiger’s Blood
- Orange Cream
- Grape Pomeganate
- Cream Soda
- Root Beer
- Red Raspberry
- Blue Raspberry
- Tropical Punch
- Pina Colada
Recieve 20% OFF now until 6/30/2013 by using promo code: snow613
We now have a blog and hope to give you more timely, consistent and interactive information about our store, merchandise, classes, cooking tips, etc…
If you have information that you would like us to review in a blog post please let us know. we would like to hear from you. If you have a question that you think we may be able to answer let us give it a try.
Maybe you would like to see us carry new products….. We have recently added Paper Straws and Colored Bakers Twine to our selection because of so many customer requests. Please keep these product requests coming.